top of page
Photography by Daniel Hopkinson.
The original house was built in 1547 by the De Trafford family.
The building was Grade II listed and a challenge for anyone over 5’7’’ ensured it’s restoration wasn't going to be straight forward.
The original house was built in 1547 by the De Trafford family and was originally 3 cottages.
During the cottage’s life, there was a period when the cottages were left to wrack and ruin in the 1960’s only to be restored in the early 70’s – prior to being a chosen building for a new planning status, namely listed!
bottom of page